Smartphone Madness 2016: Pick the Mobile Phone Champ
For most people, March means wall-to-wall basketball as colleges across the country take to the hardcourt to crown a national champion. Around these parts, we do the same with smartphones. Our annual Smartphone Madness contest pits the top mobile devices against each other in a bracket-busting showdown. And for the seventh consecutive year, you’re going to decide which smartphone is the champion of champions.
Credit: Nick Bush / Tom’s GuideThe NCAA basketball tournament doesn’t get underway until next week, but our Smartphone Madness bracket is already in place. The action tips off tomorrow (March 11) when Apple’s top-seeded iPhone 6s and 6s Plus face a challenge from Acer’s recently announced Liquid Jade 2. The polls open at 10 a.m. ET, and you’ll have until 9 a.m. the next day to vote for your favorite.
Seven more first-round match-ups will be held each day, until the quarterfinals begin on Wednesday, March 23. The last phones standing will face off in the finals on Monday, April 4.
Credit: Nick Bush / Tom’s GuideAnd when the Smartphone Madness finals begin, you’ll have the chance to win, too. We’re giving away the winning smartphone to one lucky voter who participates in the final round. We’ll have more details about the contest and how you can win as we get closer to the ultimate smartphone showdown. Want to make sure your favorite phone makes it through to the finals? Vote early and often.
Want to know when your favorite smartphone gets its chance at glory? Here’s our first round schedule for the Saccharine 16:
- March 11: Apple iPhone 6s and 6s Plus vs. Acer Liquid Jade 2
- March 14: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge vs. HP Elite X3
- March 15: Google Nexus 6P and 5X vs. Asus ZenFone 2
- March 16: LG G5 vs. Alcatel Idol 4 and 4S
- March 17: HTC One A9 vs. Huawei Mate 8
- March 18: OnePlus 2 vs. Xiaomi Mi 5
- March 21: BlackBerry Priv vs. Sony Xperia X
- March 22: Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL vs. Motorola Droid Turbo 2