Bosch POF 1400 ACE Router
SALE PRICE: £75.00
YOU SAVE: £33.12
YOU SAVE: £33.12
- Enhanced ergonomic design with softgrip for convenient and safe working, integrated work light, dust extraction port
- The Bosch constant electronic keeps the selected speed constant at all times and ensures high cut quality
- Routing depth fine adjustment, accurate to 1/10 mm, easy and fast router bit changes due to integrated spindle lock
- Bosch SDS system enables easy, tool-free insertion of the template guide
- Material-specific preselection of the speed with setting wheel and accelerator switch
Product descriptionStyle Name:POF 1400 ACE
The POF 1400 ACE has a number of useful features.
Bosch routers are versatile and highly creative power tools. Routers work on the principle of ‘machining’ the processed material, i.e. they cut off and remove small chips, giving the workpiece a shape. Once you’ve got to know how useful they are, you won’t know how you did without them. Routers allow users to be creative, putting their ideas into practice. They are one of the most versatile power tools for working on wood. They enable you to work with a high level of convenience and precision. Professional results can be achieved in comparatively little time and with high precision.
Routers are suitable for:
- Edges and profiles: Build your own furniture and use the router to quickly profile the edges and to create your own personal style.
- Grooves: With parallel stop or guide rail you can easily rout grooves and rebates. This is an easy and effortless way to obtain sturdy wood joints.
- Template milling: For surface decoration or the coping of individual shapes.
- Free-handed routing: Decorations, patterns, shapes and writing characters are the highlight of working with a router. For this purpose the machine is guided freely over a design pattern traced with carbon paper onto the workpiece
There are many applications for a router, such as edge forming, grooving in wood, shaping, straight routing or groove cutting, core box routing, chamfering, mortising, laminate trimming, v-grooving and lettering, decorative grooving, frame routing, edge forming, drilling, rebating, profiling, rounding over, long-hole routing and copy routing.
The heart of the POF 1400 ACE is its motor, which makes the cutter (bit) rotate at speeds of up to 28,000 revolutions per minute. The motor position is on top of the milling cage, a kind of frame that allows the router bit to penetrate the material precisely from above with a maximum plunge depth or stroke of 55 mm.Cutting Depth Fine Adjustment
The distinct cutting depth fine adjustment, with a 1/10 mm scale, allows precise depth settings even in the submerged position. The easily visible depth pre-adjustment with zero point setting is equipped with a scale in millimetres and inches. The depth stop can be adjusted in three stages. In this fashion you can pre-program successive cutting depths in one go. A spring-born lever ensures that the milling cage can be safely and easily loosened and tightened.Parallel Guide
The parallel guide allows fine adjustment in 1/10 mm steps. A guide rail adapter with fine adjustment is available as an accessory and allows precise work and safe guidance for large workpieces.Spindle Lock
The spindle lock allows you to lock the motor drive shaft. This helps you change the router bit with only one tool (without countering) easily and fast.Bayonet Fitting for Template Guides – Bosch SDS
Template guides allow you to work with pre-fabricated templates. Bosch routers feature the unique SDS bayonet fitting for template guides. The SDS system allows quick template guide changes without an additional tool.Easy Electronics
Electronic pre-selection of speed: control- and constant-electronic with speed selection ensures the optimal cutting speed especially when working with difficult materials (such as aluminium, mineral-bonded plastic or hard wood).Other Features
The POF 1400 ACE has a high range of additional features that help make it a pleasure to use. A transparent chip guard protects you from chips flying around and leaves a clear view of the workpiece. The sturdy aluminium footplate comes with an optimised removable plastic gliding shoe that ensures frictionless working. A convenient lamp illuminates the routing area. The ergonomic design with softgrip helps the users to balance the centre of gravity, which ensure safe guidance of the machine and higher convenience. The on/off switch is built into the handle grip. This ensures comfortable and safe handling and prevents accidentally moving the machine off track while you workDon’t Let the Dust Fly
An extraction adapter is a precondition for clean work, so this router’s dust extraction adapter is ideal. Two knurled screws are used to attach the adapter to the base plate which is then linked up to a vacuum cleaner by a hose. You can use this for connection to a Bosch all-purpose vacuum cleaner or an ordinary household vacuum cleaner. Dust is directly extracted at the router bit via the extraction and fed to the vacuum cleaner.Tips for Using Routers
When you work with a router, you should always be aware of the routing direction and its relation to the rotary direction of the router bit (which is always clockwise when you view the router from the top). The rotating bit, as it cuts into the material, develops forces that make it veer off a straight line. If you keep this relationship in mind and understand the principle of this characteristic, it can be used to your advantage and enable good control of the machine.
Without a guide fence the router will run off to the right if it is pulled towards the user as shown. In this case the parallel fence should be on the left of the router.
Without a guide fence the router will run off to the right if it is pushed forward or away from the user. In this case the parallel fence should be on the right of the router.
|Dimensions:||36.29 x 28.6 x 15.4 cm; 3.5 Kilograms|
From the manufacturer
Bosch POF 1400 ACE Router
The POF 1400 ACE router enables DIYers to produce grooves, edge profiles or special mouldings. Its 1400 watt motor and features such as routing depth adjustment and constant electronic enable even demanding routing jobs to be done. The POF 1400 ACE is also comfortable to use due to its two large, ergonomically shaped handles. The safety features of this wood router and its great ease of use enable you to work in a position that is not tiring even when using the tool intensively.
- The Bosch constant electronic keeps the selected speed constant at all times and ensures optimum cut quality
- Routing depth fine adjustment – ideal for demanding work, accurate to 1/10 mm
- Easy and fast router bit changes due to integrated spindle lock
Other product advantages
– Powerful 1400 watt motor for demanding tasks in all types of wood
– Bosch SDS system enables easy, tool-free insertion of the template guide
– Integrated work light – the workpiece is always well lit
– Material-specific preselection of the speed due to Bosch Electronic with setting wheel and accelerator switch
– Dust extraction port – for dust-free working
– Outstanding ergonomic design with softgrip for convenient and safe working